To demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of your personal information, we have developed this policy, which discloses our privacy practices for the personal information we collect through this Web Site.
This policy informs you about:
- What personal information we collect
- Who collects and owns the information
- How we use your personal information or disclose it to third parties
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and disclosure of your personal information
- How to correct, update or delete your personal information
- What kind of security procedures we use to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How this policy may be amended
"Personal information" is information that would allow someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your full name, address, and telephone number, and/or email address. Personal information does not include aggregated information that, by itself, does not permit the identification of any one individual.
1. What Information Is Collected:
Users may browse through the informational portion of our Web Site without providing us with any personal information. However, if you request information or materials from us, we may ask for your contact information, such as your name, email address, company name, address, and phone number. In addition, we may collect personal information from you when you send us emails or submit other forms of information directly to us. We may also collect personal information from you at other points on our Web Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Our Web Site contains secure pages, which are only accessible by Tier 1 Constituents – Corporate Members, WBENC Certified Women Business Enterprises, Regional Partner Organizations, and WBENC Staff. Secure pages include Brand Guidelines, RFP-Q-I, Insights, and Committee Intranets.
To obtain access to secure pages on our Web Site, you must be a Tier 1 Constituent in good standing.
To receive some WBENC information (President’s Report, Announcements, etc.), you are required to complete a registration form. This registration form will request certain personal information about the Web Site user. This information will be compiled into a profile. Such information may include at least the following: name, address, email address, company name, phone number, work address, and WBENC Certification Number.
2. Who Collects Your Information:
WBENC owns this Web Site and the personal information collected through this Web Site. We may outsource to a third party the hosting and operation of the Web Site. However, such third parties do not and will not have any ownership interest in the personal information collected or any right to use the personal information apart from the operation of the Web Site. WBENC is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties.
Our mailing address is WBENC, 1120 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20036, and our email address for privacy concerns or questions is email@example.com
3. How We Use Your Information or Disclose It to Third Parties:
We use the personal information collected through this Web Site to administer and deliver our services and programs. In connection with the delivery of our services and programs, we may share the personal information with third-party partners or vendors who help deliver or administer the services and programs, but they are only permitted to use the information in connection with the delivery or administration of our services and programs.
We may also use the personal information collected through the Web Site to provide you with information or newsletters related to our services and programs, and to promote our services and programs to you or your company as listed in your profile. This may include sending you information and promotions via email, postal mail, fax, or telephone calls. However, for information that we have collected through your voluntary participation in an online customer survey to obtain your suggestions or comments about WBENC's services or programs, we use such information only for the purpose for which it was collected. We will not use such survey information for direct marketing or disclosure to other companies.
We also use personal information on an aggregated basis for a variety of purposes, including operating and enhancing our Web Site and our services and programs, internal marketing research, and management reporting. We reserve the right to use and disclose this aggregated information to third parties for any purpose. Aggregate information will not identify any one specific individual.
4. Controlling the Collection, Use and Distribution of Your Information.
You can control the content of the personal information we collect from you by following the instructions stated below in section 5. In addition, if you do not want to receive marketing materials or communications from us or, subject to section 5, do not want your contact information disclosed to third parties apart from the delivery or administration of our services and programs, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event we need to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, we can, and you authorize us to, disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
5. Correcting, Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information:
You can access, update, or delete your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you choose to delete any of your personal information that is maintained by us, it will not be used by us or disclosed to third parties in the future in the ordinary course of business. However, even if you delete or change some personal information in our registration database, it may still be stored on other databases (including those kept for archival purposes). Also, because we need to have certain of your personal information in order to deliver our services and programs, you may not be able to receive such services or programs if you delete such personal information.
6. Our Security Procedures:
We have established, and we maintain, reasonable security procedures to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of your personal information. We use encryption, Secure Socket Layers, and firewalls, and we implement off-line efforts to further protect this information, including limiting employee access to personal information and updating our employees regarding our security practices and privacy policies. However, please recognize that "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet. Due to the inherently open and public nature of the Internet, third parties may intercept or access transmissions or private communications without your or our knowledge or consent.
This Web Site is maintained in the United States of America. By using this Web Site, you authorize, agree to and opt-in to the exportation of your personal information to the U.S.A. and its storage and use as specified above when you provide such information to us.
7. Changes to this Policy:
8. Effective Date:
3. User ID, Password and Security. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user ID and/or password provided to you by WBENC for use in connection with this Web Site or the Services. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under or with the use of your user ID and/or password, and you agree to notify WBENC immediately of any actual or suspected loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized use of your user ID and/or password or any other actual or suspected breach of security related to this Web Site. WBENC WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM YOUR FAILURE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR USER ID AND/OR PASSWORD OR TO COMPLY WITH THIS SECTION.
4. Services. WBENC’s provision to you of the Services may be subject to other terms, conditions, and restrictions set forth on this Web Site or otherwise communicated in writing to you by WBENC, including via email.
5. Proprietary Rights. This Web Site, certain content herein, the Services and any underlying or related software or other intellectual property may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws and are owned (along with all proprietary rights therein) by WBENC or licensors to WBENC. You agree that you will not copy, distribute, republish, display, post, transmit, download, or modify any content you obtain from this Web Site without WBENC's prior written permission; provided, however, that you may download or print a copy of information from the Web Site for your use in learning about or using the Services.
6. Warranty Disclaimer. THIS WEB SITE, THE SERVICES, AND ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED BY WBENC ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND NEITHER WBENC NOR ITS PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, VENDORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEB SITE OR SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE BY OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE OR THE SERVICES. IN ADDITION, WBENC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY AND NON-STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR CUSTOM OF TRADE. NEITHER WBENC NOR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, VENDORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS WARRANTS THAT USE OF THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEB SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
7. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL WBENC OR ANY OF ITS PARTNERS, AFFILIATES, VENDORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS, INCLUDING ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEB SITE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WBENC KNEW OR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WBENC'S AGGREGATE LIABLITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS WEB SITE OR THE SERVICES (REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY) IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE USER TO WBENC FOR THE SPECIFIC SERVICE THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE DISPUTE OR (ii) $50. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY ARE INDEPENDENT OF, AND SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF, ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED OR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. You acknowledge that WBENC has agreed to provide this Web Site and the Services in reliance on the exclusions of liability and disclaimers of warranty set forth herein. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
10. Privacy. WBENC takes the privacy of your personal information very seriously. For further information about what information WBENC collects and how such information is used, please contact WBENC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. International Access. This Web Site and the Services are provided from the United States of America and all servers that make this Web Site available are located in the U.S.A. The laws of other countries may differ regarding the access and use of this Web Site and the Services. WBENC makes no representations regarding the legality of this Web Site and the Services in any other country, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your use of this Web Site and the Services complies with all applicable laws.
All contents of this Web site are © 2016 Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
Women's Business Enterprise National Council
1120 Connecticut Avenue NW - Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
All rights reserved.
The WBENC logo is a registered trademark of Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).